Internships and Volunteer Opporetunities at WE ACT
WE ACT proudly offers internships throughout the year to well-qualified college, graduate, and law school students. Interns work directly with program and administrative staff on compelling projects designed to broaden WE ACT’s impact while broadening our interns’ experience and expertise. Previous interns have had opportunities to conduct fieldwork on environmental health issues, speak to legislators about climate change, solicit support for transportation campaigns, and prepare community resources about pesticide use and food access equity. Also, as members of the WE ACT team, interns participate in staff meetings, receive mentorship and networking opportunities, and may even get a chance to represent WE ACT at community events.
WE ACT hires interns on an as-needed basis, and internship positions are posted on the WE ACT website. However, interested applicants may request to have their information kept on file for internships as they become available. Such applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and contact information for at least one professional or academic reference to Evelyn Joseph, Director of Human Resources & Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please…
1) Include your name and contact information, including e-mail address, phone number, permanent mailing address and (if applicable) school address.
2) Reference to the type of work at WE ACT in which you are most interested. (You may choose more than one.)
a. Environmental Health and Community Based Participatory Research
b. Environmental Policy
c. Sustainable Development
d. Community Organizing
e. Development and Fundraising
3) Indicate the season in which you would like to intern (i.e., Fall, Spring, or Summer).
4) Describe any skills, knowledge, or abilities that you will bring to your internship. In particular, please share information about your experience working with low-income communities or communities of color, experience advocating for environmental justice, and/or education in environmental issues.
5) Discuss your professional goals.
6) Let us know how you heard about WE ACT.
Note that WE ACT may request further information, such as writing samples and names of references, for specific internship opportunities.
WE ACT encourages applications from people-of-color, women, and residents of Northern Manhattan. However, all applications and expressions of interest are welcomed, and we thank you for yours!
WE ACT welcomes all interested individuals to consider volunteering with WE ACT. To do so, please email your resume and cover letter to Evelyn Joseph, Director of Human Resources & Administration, at email@example.com. As volunteer opportunities become available, WE ACT will contact applicants whose interests or abilities match those needed by the organization.