Corbin Hill Food Project was established to provide delicious, fresh fruits and vegetables to areas of New York City that have limited access to fresh produce. WE ACT is partnering with Corbin Hill to offer a food share drop-off site at the WE ACT Membership Meetings.
What is in a food share from Corbin Hill?
- $10 per share includes 6-8 items and typically feeds a family of 1-3
- All shares include a green and at least one fruit
- Shareholders can opt to add on the following to their share. Note that you must purchase a regular $15 share in order to be eligible to purchase these extra items.
- 1 dozen free range eggs – $4.75
- Additional fruit share (2-3 fruits) – $8.50
How do I pay for the food share?
- Shareholders can pay using cash, check, debit, credit, EBT and Health Bucks
Online orders with debit or credit cards will be accepted through midnight the Monday before every WE ACT Membership Meeting.
- To pay using EBT, call the Corbin Hill Food Project office at 212-870-2003.
People who are interested in paying by cash or check can sign up at WE ACT’s office. We are open M-F, 10-5PM
When can I pick it up?
- The second Saturday of the month at the Manhattanville Community Center (530 W 133rd St, New York, NY 10027) from 10:00am – 12:30pm.
Sample Share Items:
|1 bunch of Collards||1 bunch of Rainbow Carrots||1 bunch of arugula|
|3 Cucumbers||1 lb of green beans||1 head of cauliflower|
|1 bunch of Red Kohlrabi||1 bunch of Green Curly Kale||3 beefsteak tomatoes|
|8 Red Potatoes||1 bunch of Red Spring Onions||1 bunch of garlic scapes|
|1 bunch of Scallions||3 patty pan squash||1 bunch of turnip greens|
|3 Ears of Sweet Corn||4 apricots||1/2 pint of blackberries|
|11 Golden Plums||4 white peaches||1/4 lb of grey oyster mushrooms|