It’s imperative that the Environmental Justice community respond to proposed changes to the implementation of NEPA. Tune in to our webinar to learn how!
Fifty years ago, leaders on both sides of the aisle passed the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). This bedrock environmental legislation was designed to give frontline and fenceline communities a seat at the planning table for federal projects.
NEPA has been a tool that low-income communities and communities of color have used – often with great success – to protect themselves from compounded environmental harms. However, on January 11, 2020 the Trump Administration took steps to strip this protection away.Our individual and collective health is at stake! We must fight back, and we invite you to join us for a webinar on Friday, January 24 at 10:00 AM where you can get:
- Grounded in Trump’s proposed changes to NEPA;
- Clarity about the ramifications of the proposed NEPA changes within our communities;
- Guidance on how to voice your concerns about Trump’s proposed changes to NEPA and issue a call to make current implementation guidelines stronger!
- Vernice Miller-Travis, Executive Vice President, Metropolitan Group & Co-Founder, WE ACT for Environmental Justice
- Kerene N. Tayloe, Esq., Director of Federal Legislative Affairs, WE ACT for Environmental Justice