Through our Worker Training and Job Readiness program, we help reduce unemployment among Northern Manhattan communities by providing free OSHA safety and asbestos abatement trainings to local residents. Overall in New York City, construction employment is growing and there are opportunities, especially for NYCHA residents, to work within public housing or external construction companies. NYCHA has a high-need for skilled labor and a mandate to give priority to local residents for these positions.
We are now accepting interested participants for Winter 2017.
- January 17- 20 OSHA location: 75 LaSalle Street
- February 6-9 Asbestos Location: ANDO Queens
- February 20-23 OSHA location: TBA
- March 13-16 OSHA location: TBA
- March 20-24 Asbestos location: ANDO Queens