REQUESTS FOR PROPOSALS FOR GRAPHIC DESIGN & COPY-EDITING SERVICES
WE ACT for Environmental Justice convenes the Environmental Justice Leadership Forum (EJ Forum) – a national coalition of nearly 60 organizations in 24 states that work to ensure a diverse grassroots perspective is present in federal, state, and local policy decisions. Members are based in red, blue, and swing states including the Appalachia, Deep South, Pacific Northwest, Midwest, Mid-Atlantic, Northeast and Southwest regions. Our member organizations represent Asian Pacific Island, Black, Latinx, Indigenous and low-income White communities in large, midsize and small cities.
WE ACT will produce a technical report on the renewable energy industry on behalf of the EJ Forum that will be released in August 2020 and supported with a multi-tiered marketing campaign. This includes distribution to key stakeholders including corporations, governing and regulatory agencies, and the environmental and social justice communities.
The purpose of this Request for Proposal is to procure design and copy-editing services for the report and complementary assets. WE ACT will manage all facets of the RFP process and project execution.
Scope of Services
WE ACT seeks to enter a non-exclusive, project-based agreement with one or more suitable contractors for the following services:
- Provide art direction and concept design for report, infographic, and social media templates (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter). The contractor is expected to provide three (3) design concepts for consideration with the final design being applied to each collateral piece.
- Produce graph(s) and chart(s) within the report and infographic(s) that highlight key findings from the report. The infographic must be formatted for electronic and web use.
- Layout out report of no more than 30 pages. Content will include copy, chart(s), graphic(s), and images. Bidder is expected to provide photo touch ups for client provided images and/or select stock photos from third-parties and secure appropriate usage rights.
- Produce final design, materials and concepts that are suitable for printing by a separate contractor.
- Proofread, correct, and enhance copy for a report of no more than 30 pages. This project is best suited for contractors with experience editing business and technical publications.
We especially encourage people of color, queer, trans and gender non-conforming people, and people directly impacted by criminalization and other systems of oppression to submit a bid.